With a strong focus on the changing landscape of the Australian finance industry, AFIA’s 2018 Australian Finance Conference is an unmissable event for practitioners, executives and industry technicians throughout the sector.
The Conference deliberations will provide guests with relevant market updates, key changes to finance regulation, economic developments and the emerging directions lending institutions face in today's disruptive environment.
In bringing emphasis to the conference theme, Taking Charge of the Change, plenary sessions will centre on some of the transformative elements shaping the industry, such as:
- The age of digital disruption – the business and economy wide impacts of open banking, New Payments Platform (NPP) and blockchain, including their impacts on privacy, credit provisioning and identity
- The new Comprehensive Credit Reporting (CCR) regime – what does the extra data mean to us?
- The introduction of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) – the evolution of EDR
- The implications of the Royal Commission and the material impacts on the industry as a whole
- Developments in cyber security and fraud management
This year's conference is the result of a great legacy of critical participation in the finance sector. After a strategic review process in 2017, AFIA acknowledged the necessity to broaden the scope of its key inaugural event - formerly known as the Equipment Finance Conference - due to a critical mass of member demand.
AFIA’s origins lye in the aggregation of the Australian Finance Conference (AFC), the Debtor & Invoice Finance Association (DIFA), the Australian Equipment Lessors Association (AELA) and the Australian Fleet Lessors Association (AFLA). These origins date back to 1958.
Australian Finance Industry Association Limited [AFIA] | ABN 13 000 493 907
L11 130 Pitt Street Sydney NSW 2000